- 2 pounds (1 kilogram) fresh pumpkin
- 1 1/2-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- oil for frying
2. Drain pumpkin. Cool to room temperature.
3. Remove peel. Mash with a fork. Squeeze out excess water.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt with beaten eggs. Mix in pumpkin. If the pancake mixture is too thin, then add more flour.
5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
6. Carefully drop tablespoons of pancake batter into skillet. Flatten (to make thin pancakes with well-cooked center). Fry until golden brown on the bottom. Carefully turn, and fry on the second side until golden brown.
7. Drain on a paper towel. Serve warm.