Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 6 sweet potatoes (orange colored ones), peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- grated peel of one orange
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons margarine
2. Simmer until the mixture has thickened (about 5 minutes).
3. Place potatoes in a greased casserole and pour sugar mixture over potatoes.
4. Mix gently to coat potatoes and place into a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven uncovered.
5. Bake 1 hour, basting several times during baking time.
Word of Mouth Kosher Catering. Recipe reprinted with permission.