Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 3 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
2. With kitchen towels or oven mitts to protect your hands, hold the lid on the pot or wok and shake continuously over the heat. Keep the contents moving or the sugar will burn and the popcorn will stick. Do not remove the lid or the kernels will shoot out. Once the popping has slowed, remove from heat to prevent the sugar from scorching. Immediately transfer the kettle corn to a large bowl.
TIP: Try with Splenda sugar substitute for a sugar-free treat.
STORAGE: Store for up to one day in an airtight container.
SOURCE: Kosher by Design: Short on Time, by Susie Fishbein. Recipe reprinted with permission from Mesorah Publications.