Days before the Fast
- Stop eating foods with high caffeine and sugar content.
- Begin drinking more water than usual.
- Eat something small every two hours (nosh).
- Avoid foods with caffeine and salt.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Plan the menu of this final meal so that it contains high carbohydrate and low salt foods.
- Sit down for the final meal before the fast at least an hour before the fast begins so there is no rush to eat quickly.
- Do not eat too much in the meal before the fast, but drink plenty of water.
- Leave time after the meal and before the fast to drink warm water with sugar and brush teeth.